Thursday, April 10, 2008

Late lunch today...

Nothing special really, was just busy with some stuff and ended up leaving for lunch at 2pm. And you know what, not that I work in the city or anything but everything was just more calm, cool, and collected just like in the movie I Think I Love My Wife with Chris Rock. Of course I have to admit that today is the best weather (71 degrees and sunny) day we have had for 2008 in mASS. BTW, that movie is better than ratings would lead you to believe.

In any case, on the drive to my lunch spot Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler started playing on the radio. And look, at first I tried fronting like I wasn't going to sing along but between me and you, by the 7th, "Turnaround" I had turned up the volume to full blast and was singing at the top of my lungs, "EVERY NOW AND THEN I FALL APART." What can I say? That song OWNS my machismo. I forget all about acting tough and playing it cool. Just check out some of the lyrics if you don't believe me.

3rd verse
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight!

And doesn't she sing her a$$ off too? Large up Bonnie Tyler anywhere she deh!

PS: Damn, she said, "Forever's gonna start tonight!"

No comments: