Thursday, May 15, 2008

Did someone say free?

So of course me being the cheap bastard that I am was all over McDonald's FREE southern styled chicken sandwiches (assuming you buy a drink) today. And both times I was presently surprised. And no, it didn't have anything to do with the chicken.

For breakfast I did the small coffee which was enough to get me my free chicken biscuit that tasted a bit dry and left my stomach feeling somewhat funny. However, the coffee was damn good if I may say so. First time having their coffee since they switched to their new premium roast.

For lunch, I figured they weren't going to jack me the $1.50 for a medium drink so I did the $1 Sweet Tea. The sandwich is like 2 steps down from Chick-fil-A's (the originator, none greater) but the sweet tea was off the charts. They give it to you in a big-32-oz-styrofoam (shhh, don't tell the tree-hugging-spread-love-Liberals) cup and it is good right off the bat but even better when you pour out some tea and fill it back up with some Minute Maid lemon aid from the drink stand. Yeah it was some good old fashioned southern style eating going on in mASS since I capped it off with 2 apple pies for $1. I was instantly put into a red state of mind if you know what I mean. :)

Lunch:
Drink: Arnold Palmer ($1)
Entree: Southern Styled chicken sandwich (free)
Dessert: 2 apple pies ($1)

Total w/ tax: $2.10 and you can't beat that with a hungry stick!

PS: Today is also free iced coffee day at Dunkin Donuts but I think I will pass on that. :)

No comments: