Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back & forth with my niece

Recently a niece of mine sent me the following Richard Simmonds video that I really enjoyed.


Now what is listed below is the back and forth that my niece and I had regarding the spelling of my last name in her email to me with the video.

Me:
Give me ONE good reason why you of all people should be spelling my name with an 'e' at the end? Just ONE.

Niece:
Hello Uncle, I would just like to say that in my contemplation about the best reason as to why your last name is spelt with an 'e' at the end, I had to wonder why, of all things to observe on this email, you had to see that. I thought about the fact that I took your name from an address book compiled almost 10 years ago, and which I have yet to edit. I also thought about all the times I have seen my first name misspelt in the address sections of many emails, sometimes from long time childhood friends. Finally I asked myself whether it was worth sending you this very humorous video to brighten your very hectic day as a college student/career person, as you've done for me many times in the past. In the end, I could not decide on one reason why I misspelt your name so I decided to write you this email (dictionary in hand). I am also prepared to read any response to this email. :)
Your Niece
P.S. - Did you like the video?

Me:
Actually, I did. It was freaking funny. Thank you very much my favorite Niece.

No comments: