Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hell yeah, money do me something!

That was the retort I gave my Sister when she inquired, "Money do you something?" with her smart self. I mean, she has known me before I knew myself. How could she not know all that money has done to me?

Look, me and money have serious issues. Some things were said and some things were done between us that I would rather not revisit right now if you know what I mean. Some of these things go so far back that at times I feel like money must have done me something in a past life, when I was in the womb, when I was a baby, a toddler, an adolescent, a pre-teen, a teenager, a young adult, yesterday, and today.

I don't know about you but my issues with money reminds me of when I was a kid and we would play the last-lick game. It seems like no matter how many licks I give money he finds a way to give me the last-lick. So I am constantly trying to give him as much licks as possible, 24/7/365.

Everytime I deposit a check, get paid, make a gain on a stock, or collect dividends it is my way of getting back at money. For example any deposits of over $1000 I equivocate to me giving money a kick in the shin. Sounds violent? Hell, in about two weeks when I do my taxes you should see the elbow to the jaw money will give me, OUCH!!

Why do you think I am studying Finance today? Full time now (my Mom uses that phrase) I join the winning team. :)

No comments: