Friday, March 21, 2008

Cost of high living...

Funny that I write this post just after I reviewed 3 high priced steak houses. Laughable, to say the least. But it underscores the point that I am trying to drive home. And I won't act as if this was an original thought on my part so let me give you the quote that I always remind myself of constantly:

What some people mistake for the high cost of living is really the cost of high living.
- Doug Larson

In times like today, the choice is clear. However, even though the choice is clear the guts to make the clear choice and the discipline to see it through is hard to come by. And hell no I'm not talking about presidential candidates. I'm talking about cutting back on your spending and increasing your savings.

Is it safe to assume that you are still with me and you are now mentally thinking of how you can cut $50/mo and put that towards savings/investments? OK, good. I will admit that I am fighting this fight with you so don't start judging me (Mr. Want-iPhone-Ruth's-Chris) because I am already judging myself and I am not faring well. But trust, you know you don't want me to start judging YOU because I could fill this blog for a month. Go ahead, try me!

Now that we have agreed to not judge each other (smart move on your part) lets get back to the matter at hand. You know that rainy day savings that everyone is supposed to have? Well, the rain has started for some and for others the forecast isn't looking so good. I know I am not saying anything you don't already know, see, and feel all around you. But what has me apprehensive isn't the present. It's the future. You know, F-U-T-U-R-E, the place we intend to spend the rest of our lives. When do we turn the corner? When will we be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Starting today, I will be making the clear choice!

PS: Of course it goes without saying that the 3G iPhone doesn't apply since it will be a NECCESITY. :)

No comments: